Monday, January 4, 2016

Summer Garden Produce

What to do with summer produce?

It's that time of the year when vegetable and fruit produce is in abundance.
My dilemma is always what to do with it.

Yesterday it was cucumbers and zucchini.
A family favourite is pickles and I always use a recipe from my sister-in-law Jenny.
 
So I now have 12 bottles of pickles sitting in the pantry.
 
 
Today it was plums, not sure of the variety but they are not blood plums which are my favourite.
I decided to make a plum chutney.
 
It is a delicious combination of plums, ginger, mustard seeds and chilli along with the normal chutney ingredients.
 
After lots of chopping and simmering I have made this:
 
 
8 jars of plum chutney.
The down side of all this productivity in the kitchen is:
 
 
 
A sink full of dirty dishes.
 
The day has been cool and cloudy, a lovely day to spend in the kitchen.
 
 
Lots more plums to come from the orchard....mmmm -  what recipe to do next.

No comments:

Post a Comment